Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Rivers Of Tears

One of our homework assignments for this week is to read Psalm 119. Most people know that Psalms 119 is the longest book in the Bible. I must tell you that I don't usually like to read Psalms, but as I began to read it I being blessed by it.

For day's reading I came to verse 136 and it says, "Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy law." I had to stop there and just think have I ever cried so much that rivers of tears ran down my face because people were not keeping the law of God let alone the law of the land.

I must say no I haven't. Why not? Because I have not honestly been convicted to do so--until now.

How much do we love God and His Word? I know for sure I haven't love Him as much as David did.

By reading Psalm 119 I am getting a new picture of how I want and should love God and His ways not out of duty but because I want to. Also to be sad and angry over the things hates.

How about you? If you have an opportunity read at least Psalm 119 and see what you find when you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment