Monday, September 29, 2014

Love Those Who Have Hurt You

Over the years I have had problems with love. I have loved many people in my life but it seemed like the love was not returned. In fact, in some cases, I was betrayed and harmed very deeply by those I loved.

As I was reading from Beth Moore's book Praying God's Word Day by Day the prayer for today is "When you really love sacrificially, God catches it even if no one else does, it never falls to the ground." I Corinthians 13 is known as the love chapter. I have read it many times but today it just seemed to click on what it really says. This was His answer to my prayer on how to again love people.

How To Love

  • Be patient for love is patient.
  • Be kind for love is kind.
  • Don't be envious as love does not envy.
  • Don't boast in yourself or others only in God as love is not boastful.
  • Love is not self-seeking.
  • Love is not easily angered.
  • LOVE KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS.
  • Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
  • Love always protects.
  • Love always protects.
  • Love always trusts. 
  • Love always hopes.
  • Love always perseveres.
  • Love never fails. 
I can not proceed this kind of love on my own. I must surrender my heart to God first. He wants me to empty myself of all fleshly contents so that He can make it a vessel for His love. 

My prayer is that I can love the unlovely and love even those who have hurt me

If you have been hurt by others love them anyway. You are not saying it was right what they did but you can love them as God loves them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment