Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Don't Break His Heart

"Don't Break His Heart" is the title of one of my post that I receive from a Blog called HEARTLIGHT.  Their work is copyrighted so can give you the whole post, but I thought the idea was good enough to share in my own words and what it means to me.

Do you know that we can grieve God? How can we grieve Him? We find out the answer in Ephesians 4:30 (NLT.) "And do not bring sorrow (or grieve) to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he is the one who has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption."

We grieve God when we grieve the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God and His Spirit lives within me and the Spirit is helping me to be more like Jesus, that is if I let Him. So by sinning, maybe using my words to hurt someone instead of encouraging them. Gossiping about a person is grieving the Holy Spirit.  It hurt others and degrade myself and breaks the heart of God.

As each day is new, I want my life to reflex that and think about the things that will please God and not grieve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment