Monday, September 15, 2014

Be Careful What You Pray For

Be Careful What You Pray For

In Sunday School and in one of our church services, just recently, we have been talking about the tongue.

James 3:2 NLT reads, "We all make many mistakes, but those who control their tongues can also control themselves in every other way."

James 3:5 reads, "So also, the tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do."

I prayed that the Lord would help me to control my tongue. Sometimes I talk to much and say things that should not be said, gossip. So today I went to my thyroid doctor for my 6 months checkup. I told him that I was having trouble with losing my voice. I asked him if there was anything that I could do for it. I thought he might tell me to use hard candy to keep it lubricated. That was not the answer. The answer he gave me was just not to talk. To rest my voice. Ugh! He said it wouldn't be easy. And for me where I work in a library and have to answers the phone and talk to patron for fours a day it is not going to be easy.

I had to laugh though because the Lord did answer my prayer. If I can't talk then I won't get myself in trouble with anyone or displease God. It is like when the Lord was telling to slow down and not to do so much. I didn't listen and so He allows me to have fibromyalgia which can slow you down a lot.

So I am going to try my best to just talk when I have to. I found out this afternoon how we talk about a lot of things that we don't really have to say.

Prayer
Thank You Father for answering my prayer even if it not the answer I was looking for but is the best one because You are allowing this irritation of my vocal cords. I thank You for hearing my prayers and giving me just what we need instead of what I might want.


No comments:

Post a Comment