Monday, September 8, 2014

Well Laid Plans

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 

A Closer Look
The Lord knows the plans that He has for each one of us who are His. His plan is to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give us hope and future.

I was thinking about my relationship with God today and I realized that He chose me even before the foundation of the world. And He does have a plan for me that is good. How exciting it is to be His Child and if I allow Him to let Him lead the way I am to go. 

It is an adventure for sure. It is not always easy, it can even mean physical death. But I figure we all are going to die sometime, so if death comes because I am severing the Lord and stand up for what I believe about Him, then let it be. I know that I am going to see Him face to face someday.

I may sound real brave, and I don't know what would happen if someone came up to me with a gun or a knife and say, "Do you believe in God and Jesus?" If I said yes, I may be shot or like or having my head cut off. 

I would hope I would not deny my Lord just to save my life. It wouldn't be much then to live for. 

How About You?
By looking at who at least looks at this site you might be going through persecution already. It is just starting here in the United States. But nothing yet like other places. Are we ready? 

No comments:

Post a Comment