Wednesday, January 23, 2019

John 6:25-40

Jesus, The Bread of Life John 6:25-40 (Read from your own Bible) Summary The crowd looked for Jesus at the place where he feed them, but He was not, there so they went over to Capernaum and when they found Him they asked how he got there. Jesus was not happy with the crowd and He told them that they wanted to be with him not because of the miraculous sign that he did but because they were concerned with the perishable food they received. He told them to spend their energy seeking the eternal life that He, the Son of Man, can give them. For God the Father had sent Him for that very purpose. The crowd asked Jesus what must they do and Jesus replied, "Believe in the one he has sent." You have to show us a miraculous sign if you want us to believe in you. What will you do for us? After all, our ancestors ate manna while they journeyed through the wilderness! As the Scriptures say, 'Moses gave them bread from heaven to eat.'" Jesus told them that it wasn't Moses who gave them the bread from heaven it was His Father that did. He was offering them the true bread from heaven. The true bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. The crowd wanted this bread that Jesus was talking about. That is when Jesus told them, "I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst. But you haven't believed in me even though you have seen me. However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them. For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do what I want, And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them to eternal life at the last day. For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life that I should raise them at the last day." (Thought) Can you believe these people? Jesus had taken two fish and five loaves of bread, blessed it, and gave to the whole crowd and gathered up twelve baskets of left-over food and they are asking for a sign that Jesus was the one sent to them! Like Jesus said, the people saw signs done but didn't believe in Him. Are we any different today? Do we see signs of Jesus doing something great in our lives and don't believe Him? I guess we can't be to hard on these people. These verses just help us to see how marvelous Jesus is and to look for all the things He does for us and thank Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment