Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanksgiving Theme

Being that this is Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, it is appropriate to think on the theme of Thanksgiving. The other day I said I was thankful for family and friends and today I want to mention my church family. I have been with my church off and on now for 46 years. I found it is a great church to be part of. We have three Pastors. One is our main Pastor, one is our Youth Pastor, and the last one works with the Seniors in our congregation. All are very busy and on occasion they take turns to preach. Our church is a very caring church. We have a prayer line which is used when church is not in session. I have needed to us this prayer line a few times. It is great to know that people are praying when going through a tough time. We have get-togethers often and it is nice to fellowship around a dinner table and eat great food. I think this is one of our favorite times together. Coming up we are having a baptism and communion in the same service which ought to be very exciting and reflecting on the last supper in which the Lord took bread and ate and took drink which represents His blood. I pray that you also have a good church you are attending. One that preaches God's Word and is a praying church. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment