Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Mary Visits Elizabeth

Luke 1:39-45 Mary Visits Elizabeth A few days after Mary was told she was going to have a baby she hurried to the hill-country of Judea where Zechariah lived. When she entered the house and greeted Elizabeth the sound of Mary's voice made John leap in Elizabeth's body and Elizabeth was filled the Holy Spirit. Elizabeth gave a glad cry and exclaimed to Mary, "You are blessed by God above all other women, and your child is blessed. What an honor this is, that the mother of my Lord should visit me! When you came in and greeted me, my baby jumped for joy the instant I heard your voice. You are blessed, because you believed that the Lord would do what he said." Thought: What a difference between Zechariah and Mary. When Zechariah heard what the angel had to tell him he didn't believe what the angel said. He was not able to speak and wouldn't be able to speak until the baby was born. Mary, on the other hand, believed what the angel told her and know she was called a blessed woman and she was going to be the mother of the Lord. I can't even imagine how Mary was feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment