Thursday, January 5, 2017

Struggling With Sin

Have you ever struggled with sin? I have and I do. In Romans 7 Paul puts it this way: "The law is good, then. The trouble is not with the law but with me because I am sold into slavery, with sin as my master. I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate. I know perfectly well that what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience shows that I agree that the law is good. But I can't help myself, because it is sin inside me that makes me do these evil things."(Romans 7:17-17 NLT)

There are still more verses in Romans that continue with this theme. See Romans 7:18-23 and chapter 8.  

Sin still controls my life. This war of my mind makes me a slave to sin that is still within me. Then I say what Paul said, "Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life of domination of sin?

There is an answer! The answer is Jesus Christ. With Christ, I have the power of the life-giving Spirit which has freed me through Christ Jesus from the power of sin that leads to death. 

Summary
God put into effect a plan to save me and you. He sent his own Son, in a human body like ours, except for sin, so that sin could be destroyed through Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. We no longer have to follow our sinful nature, but instead follow the Spirit. What power, what love we have. 

We still have the sin nature but best of all we have God, His Son, and the Holy Spirit to guide us. They give us the power to overcome our sin nature and go for real life and ways in which we can please our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment