Sunday, January 1, 2017

A New Year Begins

Happy New Year

Another year started. At least New Year's Day is starting out better than Christmas Day.

On Christmas morning around 4:30 a.m. I found myself flying through the air and landing on my tailbone on the hard wooden bedroom floor. I had just rolled over one too many times and now I am screaming and crying and I dare not move. 

My husband comes running out of the bathroom and sees me on the floor. I told him I better not move so he called 911. About an half-hour later the ambulance arrives. They bring in a chair but because of all of my husband's cd's and our couch they are not able to get the chair to me. So at 5:00 in the morning my husband is moving his cd's to our living room chair and the kitchen table. Then he and the ambulance driver move the couch so I can get to the ambulance.

By husband is able to leave first while the person is working on me in the ambulance. Then I arrive at the ER and the doctor gets some X-rays. Mean while as we are waiting for the results, my husband and I realize that if I am able to go home all I wore to the hospital was my weird multicolor polka dot pajamas. I had no socks, shoes or coat with me. So my husband went back home and brought me some clothes to wear. When he got back the doctor told us that I had no broken bones and was bruised up and would be sore for awhile. Being 70 years old and a broken hip at any time would be bad, but at 70 and also being diabetic and having arthritis it would be worse. So was very thankful to the Lord for His protection.

Now my next big project for the new year is getting contracts off both eyes. Not really looking forward to that but people say it is not bad surgery. 

I am looking forward to trying out a new craft project and if it turns out good I will put it on my post for you to see. 


My pj's.


No comments:

Post a Comment