Friday, February 26, 2016

What's In A Name?

I know that when my husband and I found out I was having our first baby we wrote down a list of names for girls, boys, and even twins. It was fun. 

As I was reading my personal devotions the other day the Lord told Hosea what He wanted Hosea's children named. We find their names in Hosea 1:4-8. Here are the names: Jezreel was the first son. Then came a daughter and her name was to be No Mercy. Then a third child was born, a son, and his name was to be called Not My People. Pretty strange names for children.

The reason why these names were chosen is because the Lord wanted to put an end to the kingdom of the house of Israel. So Jezreel got that name. No Mercy was given for there was no more mercy on the house of Israel and no more forgiveness. And Not My People was named to show that that Israel were no longer His people or He their God. 

I am glad we just chose Kimberley, Jeremy David, and Jason Matthew.

No comments:

Post a Comment