Wednesday, February 3, 2016

It Happened Again

The message for Sunday, January 31, 2016 at our church was "What About Good Works?" One of the verses that the Pastor used was found in Ephesians 2:10, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

Does good works get us into heaven? No! But if you have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior then you become a member of God's family. Then by doing good works for the right reason, pleasing God, then this will show others that you are a child of God. 

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 I began reading a new book I received on Kindle entitled, A Different Kind of Wild by Debbie Alsdorf.  One of the first verses she uses in her book is Ephesians 2:10. Here she uses it referring to God who has plans for us and He desires to change us in order for us to fulfill those plans. Wild means Women In Lifelong Development. More on this book and author in another post.

I just get excited and sometimes a little nervous when I hear or see verses keep coming up more than once during a week. To me it is like the Lord is trying to tell me something. 

The verse in Ephesians was a big help this week for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment