Friday, February 12, 2016

Don't Let Satan Win!

I belong to a small group in our church. We are studying about warfare. Warfare that doesn't come the world but from Satan. We are talking about putting on the full armor of God. We are doing our study from Chip Ingram's book The Invisible War.

I find when anyone is trying to become closer to God and talks about Satan and how we can resist him there is always going to be trials coming our way. Last evening was no different.

I would like to leave you with a few verses, and I must say that my computer has shut down on me three times already as I am typing this post. Here are the *verses:

Ephesians 6:10-12 (NASB)
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."

I John 4:4 (NASB)
"You are from God, little children, and have overcome them, because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world."

I John 5:4-5 (NASB)
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith. And who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

Revelation 12:11 (NASB)
And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even to death.

James 4:7 (NASB)
Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 

*NASB is the New American Standard Bible. If you have a Bible version that you like better or use yourself look up these verses in your own Bible.

These verses can be used to help you resist the devil when he attacks. The next verse I am going to share is one that I believe if we can use each day it will help us to fight better and become closer to God. 

Psalm 139:23, 24 (NASB)
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way."

No comments:

Post a Comment