Wednesday, October 22, 2014

One Of Those Days

We have been looking at blessings that I have received as a results of being in a Small Group at my church. Yesterday I had a chance to put into practice what I been learning.

It was a very busy day especially for my husband. He is 74 years old and he has raked our backyard at least four times.( 250 feet) Yesterday he wanted to finish up the piles he had started the night before. He was planning on going  to his regular job after doing the leaves.

So he went out and spent about an hour-and-half raking the rest of the leaves. So when my husband got through it was lunch time. So we ate lunch at home. Then we started out for the next job.

We arrived and I went and cashed my husband's check while he started in cleaning the church that he cleans every week. I got back and I checked the bathrooms and did some of the other work that needed to be done.  I sat down and starting to read a new book I got.  My husband finished what he needed to for the day and then we went to Barnes and Nobles.

It was here that the disasters of the day began. I had taken out our membership card and was holding onto it so that I would have it when I went to pay for our items. My husband handed me his item and I had mine and I got into line and was about to pay and realized I didn't have our membership card. So got out of line and we started looking for it. My husband saw one on the desk and the person working there was just calling me to tell me that another customer found it. My husband said that it was mine. He turned around but I had gone to another place. So they found me and the manger  gave me my card. I was so thankful.

Then we went on to supper and then we stopped at Radio Shack  as we needed a new phone and a speaker. A nice young man helped us find what we were looking for and I was going to pay by check. I looked into my holder and no check book or the book telling me how much money I had in the bank. Panic struck!

So my husband and I started back to Barnes and Noble and on the way I made a call to the store asking if they found a check book. They hadn't, So I prayed and asked my Heavenly Father that the check book would be found.

We arrived back at the Barnes and Noble and my husband started to look in the parking lot and I went into the store. There was no one in line and there was a person cleaning up the area. I told her my name and told her what happened that I had written out a check that afternoon and that---before I could finish the sentence she said, "And you left your checkbook?" I said yes and she said, "I just found it. It was laying on the counter where I had paid for the items. I thanked my Heavenly Father and thanked the girl. We went back to Radio Shack, picked up our things there, then had to stop at the grocery store. We got home about 7:00.

My hockey team played last night and heard some of game in the car and then the rest of it at home. My team  lost six to five. So that was how the day ended.

But I was at peace even though I thought I had lost the checkbook, I knew God was with me and even if I did lose it He would show me what to do next. But I am so glad that this time my prayer was answered right away as the girl had found it just before I came into the store.

Blessing
I have a great God and He hears my prayers and gives me peace through storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment