Monday, March 24, 2014

Looking Back

As I continue to read from the book by Mac Lucado  he is suggest that each person look at their life backwards. What you say! What does that mean? As he goes through the chapter he looks back at his own life and lives of others to see what he did and they did when they were a small child, middle school age, teenage years, college age, then as adults. What he wanted his readers to see was what was common in all these stages.

Take yourself for example. What did you like to do when you were very young? Was it draw pictures, tell stories, read and write a lot. Then as you came to each of the ages mentioned above did you still like to draw, read, tell stories and write. Then this could be the area that you are good in doing now as an adult. Maybe you have become an artist or graphic designer, writer of books or article etc., or a librarian where you can read and tell stories to children. This is will your gift is.

He also mentioned you can have fun while you are doing what you like and God is ok with that. Actually He has designed you to be able to do and want to do the thing that He has planned for you to do. So enjoy and don't feel guilty if you want to do art all day. God has a purpose in it and maybe you can encourage someone with your art.

So look back and see what keeps coming up in your life and see if that is what you really want to do and what God wants you to do. Pray about it. See what your answer is.

Note: I keep coming back to writing, creating art, and telling stories to children. So am doing two blogs, one is this one disciples nook which is writing. I do a blog on showing my art work that is called Bojean's Creations. I also write a devotional called Reading The Bible Together which goes out on my e-mail address. And I have worked in the Youth Services Department at one of our local libraries for sixteen years and for fifteen years have read stories to children for story time. I also volunteer at another local library doing all kinds of work dealing with library. I always love telling stories to my own children and even when I was young while doing the dishes I remember making up stories to tell to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment