Thursday, March 20, 2014

Being Unique-At Birth

Thoughts derived from the reading of Max Lucado's book Cure for the Common Life Living In Your Sweet Spot

What I gleaned from my reading of this book is that I see  that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. God formed me in my Mother's womb. All my days are written in God's book. He knows my temperament, my character, and my personality will be. God even has chosen what vocation I will have. So I must be true to myself and go with what I see that God has for me. You can do the same. Psalm 139:14-18

He knows all these things about you also. God does not mass-produce people. Not everyone is the same.  Let's say if you are a woman and your Mother is a sewer but your gift may be an artist or writer. So you should go with what you have talent in. If your a man your Father might be a business man and work in a company but you enjoy and are good at working outside using your hands to landscape a yard. So that is the way to go. Sometimes parents want their children to do the same thing they are doing or doing something they have always wanted to do and it is not right for the child to be in this field. So lots of prayer needs to go into this. The Lord will give a reward to everyone for doing good.

Parents know your children. I have three myself and I noticed early that our first children like to write and play music so she was encouraged to do that. Our second child was good with his hands and like to take things about and put them back together so we encouraged him in this area. Our third child is an artist and we encouraged him in doing art. Our daughter became a mother and her children are into music and one is into writing. Our son that was a handyman owned his own business and he torn cars apart, put them back together, then painted  them. . He also has worked for other people dealing with cars. Our other son is doing photography right now along with walking dogs in New York City.

So you see as a parent we need to again need to know our children. And direct them in the way that God has made them.

* Words in italics are my own thoughts from reading of the book.

Do you see a pattern in your children's lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment