Monday, February 10, 2014

Think As A Child Thinks

Matthew 18:1-3 (KJV)
"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

As I stopped at verse 3 I was thinking about how a child thinks . They trust, they love, and  they are very forgiving. And as I am a child of God this is the way that He wants me to think. To trust Him always, to love Him and others, and to be forgiving to all those around me and who have hurt me.

I don't know about you, but I find it hard to trust, love and forgive the way that I should. Those I should have been able to trust in my life growing up let me down. So because of this it is hard for me to trust God. But then I think that it is way different with Him for He will never hurt me. And I can give my trust to Him. Actually He is the only one I can give my trust too. He knows what is best for me. And because of this I can also love Him with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. Forgiving others is not that hard as I think about all God has to forgive me for.

So even though I am an adult it is all right for me to act like a child. At least in the areas of trusting, loving, and forgiving.

How about you? Are you acting like a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment