Sunday, February 9, 2014

Faith and Trust

In my Sunday School class today we were asked if there was anything in our lives that we really had to trust God for. I stopped and thought through this question. Right now I have food in my cupboards, in my freezer and refrigerator, I have a home to sleep in and have more than enough clothes to wear. Both my husband and I are still working. So I can say as far as these things go God is providing.

At one time when my husband first had to retire we were running out of money in our savings account. But the Lord opened up a door for him to go to work for a cleaning company and now he works as an janitor cleaning a church and I work at a library.

We surly had to depend on God at that time. But we have it pretty easy right now. But God could take everything away and we would really have to depend on Him for our daily needs. I am so thankful and I thank God for what He has given us. I know if it was all taken away then He would provide us what we would need. It would be hard to trust Him but as I grow in my faith and understanding of who God is I know that it would be easier now than it would have been just a few years earlier.

Prayer
Thank you Father for providing all that we have. I pray now that those reading this post will be willing and make the choice to trust in You no matter what comes their way. It is easy to trust when things are going good, but it is a lot harder when things are not going as well.

I pray this in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment