Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Picture




I have a habit of not seeing things right away. One time my husband shaved off his beard and it took me awhile to discover it was gone. The same thing takes place with a picture in my hallway. It has been there now for about five years. I walk by it more than once every day but I don't see it. Then for some strange reason last evening I realized it was there.

It is a wonderful picture. It is made of dark wood and is varnished over so that it is very shining. Painted on it is the most life-like picture of Jesus I have ever seen. This picture was going to be thrown out and my husband rescued it.

I think sometimes in my life I forget about Jesus just as I do about the picture. I may go days without really studying or reading His word or hearing any messages about Him then He appears to me. Through a verse, song, or message. It is such a wonderful thing to be close to Jesus and know that He is right there with me all the time even though I don't see Him.

Prayer
Thank You Jesus for being with me at all time even when I don't seem to know that You are there and not paying attention to You as I should. I do love You not as much as You love me but I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment