Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Taking Things Apart

Today as I was reading my art magazine American Craft I came across a statement quoted by the artist Stephen Yusko, stating in part, "I love the idea of taking things apart and putting them back together in a different context..." I could relate to that very well.

I like to find things and then used them in a complete different setting then how I found them. For instance I made a paperweight by using an old watch and a bracelet.

 
Tile-Watch-Bracelet Paperweight
 
  • I was thinking about how God takes our lives, all the messed up pieces we have collected along the way of  our living and puts together something beautiful if we let Him. I am so glad He does because sometimes we get many shattered pieces and need them shaped and put into the right places.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment