Sunday, August 28, 2011

He Answered My Prayer

Psalm 34:4
"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."


My husband and I were in the path of Hurricane Irene. We live in upstate New York and about four hours away from New York City. As the news of the storm came on our TV I prayed that we would be save and those around us and for one of our children who lives in New York City.

I became calm and we set up our home in case we needed candles, water and we even put water in the bathtub so if the electric went out we would have water to use for the bathroom.

It began to rain about 2:00a.m. this morning and stopped about 5:00p.m. this evening. It was not a heavy rain and just a slight bit of wind so far. And things are calm. There was a message on facebook from our son and my daughter saw it and called and he is ok. So I am thanking the Lord for this. Our electric did go off but for only an hour. So the Lord was good.

So when I was posting my devotions on the different sites that I am on the verses for today were Psalm 34:3, 4 and I said to myself that I am going to use verse 4 for today's thought. For He did answer my prayer.



No comments:

Post a Comment