Friday, August 26, 2011

Even The Animals Are Punished



Joel 1:18 (KJV)
How do the beasts groan! the herds of cattle are preplexed, because they have no pasture; yea, the flocks of sheep are made desolate.


Today, I was reading my own personal devotion in the book of Joel and I realized because God's chosen people were not obeying His commandments and drawning near to Him, He was punishing them. And not only the people but the land and even the cattle.

When I came to verse 1:18 I read that even the flocks of sheep were suffering punishment. That just stuck me as being so sad. I am not sure why-- because there were other animals, but the poor sheep.

What Might We Learn?

We don't have sheep today as they still do in Israel, but the results are the same.  If we turn to idols of today's world and not keep the commandments or rulers of our Heavenly Father, as we would our earthly father, then we too are punished or discipline. Revelation 3:19-As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Maybe it would be sheep but your pet may become punished in some way.

So today let's think "Lord" and not self and do all we can to please Him. Talk to Him today as if you were sitting right next to Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment