Saturday, August 27, 2011

But I Don't Want To!

Even though I am a believer, and  I am following after Christ, and reading His word, and learning and trying to put into practice what I am learning-- but  sometimes I want to do my own thing.

For example, this morning. I didn't have to get up for work.  But we have a busy day ahead of us anyway. And the hurricane is headed our direction and should arrive sometime this afternoon and be stronger tomorrow. So we need to get to the store and pick up some things for the week and a little extra because of the storm. But of all mornings I didn't want to get up. I wanted to sleep in. But my husband, who I love dearly, decided that this was not the morning for me to sleep in but we need to get everything out of the way this morning.

But inside I kept saying, "But I don't want to!" My body aches, I am still tired...but that still small voice was pushing me along and so I decided to be a submissive wife and get up, take my medicine, and then I can eat, get dressed and then we can get started on our day's journey.

I don't know about you but just having God's word hidden in my heart and the Holy Spirit working in my life and also hearing good messages from church and on the computer with the groups that I am in makes me a better Christian.

Knowing what is right and doing it is very pleasing to the Lord. So I am happy that I did get up. And I am feeling better already.

My prayers go out to those who may be hit by the hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment