Monday, November 28, 2016

Being A Grandparent

My husband and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and into the weekend. What made our time so good is that we got to see our oldest son Jeremy and his year-and-half daughter Chaise, which is our youngest grandchild. Our ten grandchildren go from the age one-and-half up to age of twenty-two. Three of our precious one are in heaven. Three live with there mother and step-father, and our daughter has three who still live at home. One is going to college one is thirthteen and soon to be fourteen and one just turned twelve years old.

I can enjoy my grandchildren more than I could my own children as I can sit and play with them and just have fun with them. Spoil them and then send them home. If you are a parent yourself and a grandparent you know what I mean. With our children we are busy doing parent things: getting up in the middle of the night, disciplining, ,training, teaching and other things. We don't have time to sit down to enjoy.

One of the things I would change is to have half the energy as my grandchildren have. How about you?

Prayer
Father, thank You for letting us be grandparents and help us to be good examples so that one day our grandchild will grow up and know You and Your Son in a personal way. In Jesus Name I pray this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment