Thursday, December 31, 2015

What Is Important In Your Life?

This afternoon when I turned on my TV I heard that a terrorist attack had been stopped in a area four hours away from where I live and just a town over from where my son lives.  

The first thought that came to me was "What is really important in to me." I do a lot of things, but do they really matter? They are good things but I decided that I need to spend my time reading my Bible more and sharing what I have read and learned. To love people better. And pray more for others. 

The Sunday School class I just finished was on the subject am I a fan or follower of Jesus. I have been a fan a lot of times. For my gift to the Lord for 2016 is the word sacrifice. So I will be looking up all the verses that I can use to help me remember that word and what action I can take. 

Have you ever given a gift to Jesus? Have you ever picked a theme for the year that has to do with living as a disciple? This could be the best New Year that you will have if you do so. Try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment