Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Desire Of My Heart

As I was waking up this morning I was thinking about the dream I just had. It brought me to talking with my Heavenly Father. All week long I have been hearing messages on getting the desires of my heart. And this week I was asked the question what do I value in life? One of my answers was to have a closer relationship with my God. 

This morning I knew in my heart for sure what one of my desires was and that is to be a better Prayer Warrior. Every time I think about it my mind overloads. Then the Holy Spirit put a thought in my mind, I want to give praise where praise is due. 

Since I like to do crafts the idea was to write on a pieces of lined paper the names of all the people and ministries I want to pray for. Then after I have them written down, cut out the names and fold them over once. Then I have a canning jar that I am going to label PRAYER and  place the names in the jar. Then I can pick out however many names I want and prayer for that person, place, or ministry.  When I am finished place those names in another container. When my PRAYER jar is empty start over again with those in the second container. This idea is good for me as my attention span is not very long as I have ADHD. So this way I feel and am taking action in an area that I need to grow in. 

Maybe an idea like this will help you not feel so overpowered and at least you can work on praying for someone or something each day. 

Prayer
Thank you Father, Holy Spirit, and Jesus for giving me this idea. It is a great one for me and I pray that maybe it can help someone else who wants to pray more, but feels overwhelmed with this part of being close to You. I pray it in Jesus' Name believing that you will bless this prayer and I will have joy in my heart and become closer to You.Thank you for showing me how I can start with this one desire and move on to the others that you have given to me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment