Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Near Miss

The other evening my husband and I went to visiting hours at a funeral home. After paying our respects and crying a little over the pictures that were set up--we left. 

As we went down the street it brought back lots of memories as my husband's Aunt lived on the street of the funeral home. Then when we went around the corner trying to decide where we were going to eat we went on the street that my husband walked on to get to school. We also passed the hospital that I usually go to and the one my husband was born in and and also all our children. I remember saying, "I hope we don't have to go there again soon!"

We came to the end of the side street we were on and there was a lot of traffic and no street light. It was dark and raining. A car motioned us to go and so we started across the street. However we were very nervous as we had to cross traffic and we could not see if any traffic was coming. We finally started across the street and sure enough as we pulled out there was a car almost on top of us. Of course I tried not to scream for if the car had hit us it would have been on my side of the car right in the middle of the door. I said, "Thank you Lord," as we got safely into the parking lot. Also a lot of cars were behind the one that would have hit us so there would have been a lot of other people hurt also. 

We decided the safest and best way to get to this Restaurant again would be to go down a few more side streets and come out at a light and turn left and go toward the Restaurant that way. 

Maybe I shouldn't have said, "I hope we don't have to go to that place again, meaning the hospital." I am so glad that the Lord protected us. 

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you're ok. I hope you don't have to go to the hospital any time soon also.

    ReplyDelete