Monday, October 12, 2015

Great Week

Some of my weeks are filled with exciting events and then some aren't. This past week was one of the exciting weeks.

Two events that stand out for me are: A Girls Night Out put on by a women's group at one of our local churches in my area. The main event was a concert given by Damaris Carbaugh who is a singer and speaker. Damaris gave us a great concert. She would sing a song and then talk and then sing again. I could tell it was coming from her heart. Afterwards we were able to buy dvds, cds and other materials. She sang songs from her newest cd so I bought that one. 

The other event was that my daughter told me that on Saturday her and her husband were able to walk their oldest son, Elijah, down the isle so that he could be recognized at school for his accomplishments. 

He was asked what he was going to do after his senior year and he said that he wanted to go to medical school. He is thinking of a school right now in New York State. 

He is a honor student, has taken and is taking college courses this year and last, he was the mascot for the football team. He also plays in the band and has help put on plays by doing background work. He is a fine Christian young man and very proud of him. 

I am so glad that my daughter has stayed in the faith and has tried to raise her three children in knowing the truth and having the Bible as their guideline. All three have accepted the Lord and she married a believer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment