Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Another Good Book

As you can tell I like to read. Yesterday as I was straightening up the shelves at my local library I came across a book entitled Grab a Broom, Lord...There's Dust Everywhere! By Karon Phillips Goodman. 

I took it out and starting to read it. It is a hard book to put down. The theme of the book is the imperfect woman's guide to God's grace.

Do you try to be perfect in everything? I try, but don't get to far into the day before I have messed up something. What the author has to say is that God made us so that we are not perfect. That way we will depend on Him and have a need for Him and His help. 

Since we are made up of dust that comes into play in this book. The dust is our messing up and pieces of us are scattered all over, but God has His broom to sweep up our dust and it is the only broom we will need even if it is a big mess. 

You can get this book on Amazon.com and Karon has written other books also. So if you like this one you may want to try her other ones she has written. 

Good reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment