Friday, September 18, 2015

A Special Day

It has been a quiet week except for my back starting to hurt again. But I see my doctor on Monday. I wasn't able to go to my chiropractor this week as he wanted to wait and see me in two weeks instead of one. I guess it really does make a difference when I see him. 

Today is a very special day for myself and my husband. It was seventeen years ago that we joined my daughter and son-in-law at the hospital in order to see their first child born. I was so excited that I took my camera out and was going to take a picture of us together. However the man that was directing us to the place we needed to go said, "Don't you want to be in the picture?" I was going to have him in the picture instead of me. So he was kind enough to take the picture with all of us including me instead of him in it.  

When it was time for our daughter to have the baby we were able to stand outside in the hallway as the doctor did a c-section on our daughter. We saw our grandson just seconds after being born as they doctor held him up for us to see. Then afterwards we were able to go in and hold him after he got weighted, cleaned up, and had his bath.

Just before we left the hospital to come home, Elijah had to be taken down to the ICU for babies as his blood sugar went to low. We were able to see him in the unit. It was very strange sight as Elijah weighted in over ten pounds and right next to him was a baby weighing only a few pounds. He stayed in the hospital for a little while longer than his mom. 

He lost a lot of his weight after coming home because most of it was fluid because my daughter is a diabetic so that is why Elijah was so big. 

He still is a big boy or should say big young man. He is now six and a half feet tall which means he is a half inch taller than his dad. He is built like his dad which means he is a big boned boy. The were up a week ago and our neighbor saw Elijah leaving our house and  she said, "Wow! Look at the size of that boy." She has a son who is a few months older than Elijah. Her son is six feet tall also but very slim. 

So we are very happy grandparents on this day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment