Wednesday, September 23, 2015

It Is Better To Be Safe Than Sorry

I am looking up in my dictionary what the word mistaken means. A few words which I found were: unsound, illogical, flawed and misinterpreted.This is what happened to me today.

It Happened This Way 
I was at work and I went into the ladies bathroom. As I looked down I saw a very strange site. To me it looked like a feather, but then again, it looked like the feather had a head. Very strange indeed.

I went out to tell my co-worker and see what she thought it was. She wasn't sure either. Then I went looking for our maintenance man. He wasn't around so another  one of our male co-workers came to our rescue carrying a large tool in one hand and a piece of cardboard in the other to scoop this object up. 

I opened up the door to check to see if anyone was in the bathroom, no one was there, so my co-worker went in, bent down and scooped up this strange looking object. 

He yells out, "Its only a feather." A wave of relief came over me. I then took a closer look. What happened was the tip of the feather had bumps on it which made it look like a head. I laughed and went out and told my co-worker what it was. We concluded that it is better to be safe than sorry. 

I imagine when my co-worker went out back to his workroom and told the man that was looking through some records, that they had a good laugh. 

I used to take myself so seriously, but I now say, relax and enjoy the day no matter what happens. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment