Friday, July 3, 2015

Rejoice!

When are we to rejoice? We rejoice when things are going good and then we can praise our God for what He has done for us. That seems very logical. But I read in James 1:2-3..."Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations. Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience.

The verses that follow continue on with why we can rejoice. But do we rejoice when we are going through trials? It is not an easy thing. Maybe you are going through some illness. Maybe it is lost of a love one etc. Instead of complaining and whining we are to do what-rejoice. 

My prayer for you today is to read James 1 at least if not the whole book and find some very inspiring and helpful verses to show you how you can rejoice in your trials. I know all about trials and so I know that these verses helped me through them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment