Saturday, July 18, 2015

An Act Of Kindness

I have a calendar on my desk next to my computer. When I changed the date for today  I was very surprised. The verse on the calendar is I Thessalonians 5:11 TLB and reads as follows: "So encourage each other to build each other up, just as you are already doing."

I volunteer at my local library on Mondays and I am given different jobs to do. This past Monday I was asked to straighten up the shelves. I did so and left. Today I received a phone call from the library clerk who I work with and she wanted to tell me that she and the director of the library were very happy with what I had done and if I would mind keep doing this job when I come in on Mondays. I told I would be glad to do it and I thanked her very much for calling.

I'm not writing this to brag, but it was just a nice encouragement to know that I was appreciated. 

That is what the Bible verse is all about and I want to personally do more encouraging others and show my appreciation for all that they do. 

I hope that you will want to do the same for those that encourage you either by words or their actions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment