Sunday, June 28, 2015

Take Time To Be Quiet

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God..."

As I was thinking about what I was going to write about today the thought came to me to write about taking time to be quiet.

How many of us do that? I know that I don't and I feel guilty if I do, but according to the Scriptures this is the wrong attitude to have. 

God wants us to be still so that we can become calm and also wait for Him to talk with us. Not in an audible voice but bringing to mind, through the Holy Spirit, verses, or maybe some sin that we need to confess, maybe just a time to talk with Him about what is going on in our life. He knows already, but He likes to hear it from us. Talk things over with Him first - then go to others if that is what directed for us to do. 

A still or quiet time is a peaceful time and fellowship time with God.  

Are you taking time to be quiet?

No comments:

Post a Comment