Wednesday, January 28, 2015

An AHA Moment

In my Sunday School class we have been talking about AHA moments. Something that happens that you were not planning on.

I had a AHA moment today. I was working on my Bible crossword puzzle and I had a question that did not have a Bible verse to look up so I had to use my mind to find the answer. I was using my The Inspirational Study Bible by Max Lucado. He has a lot of notes on the sidelines and as I was looking for my answer I came across the following: "Application: Isaiah 1 page 806, 'To repent means being both remorseful for your sin and also acting so that you do not repeat the sin again. What sin are you enjoying? Repent of it. Then put the past behind and live a new day.'"

Now this verse was an answer to prayer. I was trying to understand the true meaning of repent. In another group we were talking on this subject. This was my answer.

Repent-being really sorry for my sin. Agreeing with God it is sin. It is not only important to agree with God then I have to act upon it. I have to stop doing the sin. Simple! (right) It would be simple if I am living a pure life and a spiritual life as I should, but I'm not doing that at all times. But this AHA moment was real and got me to thinking that I can repent and not do my sin again because I have the Holy Spirit in me and He is going to say, "No!" So I want to listen to that still small voice and repent than act upon it.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment