Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Teachable Day

Proverbs 25:27
"It is not good to eat much honey, nor is it glorious to seek one's own glory.

I was reading through my notebook this morning and came across this verse that I had written down. I stopped and began to realize that the Lord was teaching me something from this verse. Actually two things.

The first thing I learned, or should say was reminded, is that it is not good to eat much honey. I am not really a honey eater, but I do like sweet things to eat any time of the day. I am a diabetic and last several checkups readings have not been good. This is a wake-up call to cut back on the sweets.

The second part of the lesson learned today is not to seek glory for the things I do.Even as a child, as young as eight, doing this. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now. It bragging, which does not come the Lord anything that I do good comes from the Lord and He is the one to receive the glory. 

So I am so glad that I obeyed and read my notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment