Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spiritual Slumber Or Being Lazy

Today, as I was reading my personal devotional, the theme was about sleeping. The writer of the the devotional book I use is talking about us being ready when Jesus returns.

In one of her examples of being ready and not sleeping our time away or being lazy is found in Mark 13:35-37 "Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at at the cockgrowing, or in the moring: lest he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." (Are lives are to be right with God at all times.)* My words.

One other theme that the author had was the difference of spiritual slummer and just being lazy. Proverbs 24:30-34 "I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; and lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down. Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction. Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: so shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man."

The thought here is that our spititual life be right with God and we do not sleep on the job when we need to be wide awake and be ready for our Lord's return.

No comments:

Post a Comment