Monday, August 27, 2012

Fun With The Family

 
 
 
 
At The Park
Our daughter and her family and my husband and I were planning a picnic at one of our local parks. We haven't done this yet as a family and thought it would be fun. So we picked out our park and made the plans and then the night before my husband discovered that there was going to be a special race of those on bikes and runners (about 1,000) and they were going to meet at the park that we were planning on going to. Streets were going to be closed for blocks around the park. So we had to make a quick change.



So we decided to go to a park in the area in which I my husband and mother used to work. It was a sad day because the building in which my mother-in-law worked was almost a hundred years old and there had just recently been a fire in the inside of the building and many window were broken. But amazingly the building was still standing. Then the building that my husband worked in for many years was changed on  the outside and my daughter and I thought for sure it would bother him to see it. But he seemed OK but we notice that he began to look a little tired and worn out.

As we were at the park we had a wedding party come to have their pictures taken. There was a Merry-Go-Round at this park, one of six in our area, and the bride and groom had their pictures taken sitting on a bench on the Merry-Go Round. It was interesting to watch.

Everyone rode on the Merry-Go-Round except my husband. On this ride there were not only horses, but there was also a pig and a dog. My granddaughter rode on the dog and one of my grandsons rode on the pig. My son-in-law, daughter, my other grandson, and I rode on the horses. I took the one that look like it had the most energy and personality.

After lunch my husband sat on the ground under a tree and almost feel asleep. That's what some old people do (he just turned 72) and my daughter (42) and myself just turned 66 sat in a swing and talked.

It was a great day and we had a lot of fun. It is so great to be with family and that God in His great wisdom created the ability for us to have a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment