Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Personal Challenge

This morning was one of those kind of mornings in which everything I thought about came out negative. I'm not a good wife, I'm not a good Christian, I'm not a good housekeeper. I finally had enough of woe-is-me thinking and I ask God why I was believing all those lies. It came down to not enough time in God's word. We are doing a study here, which I find a great help, but not enough. So I had been thinking for some time in doing more Bible reading. I had a chance to start it today.

I had an appointment to get a test today and I was thinking I didn't need to take my big pocketbook so I got my small one and took that. However, I forgot that I would be going to work with my husband and my big pocketbook had my phone and Kindle in it. I has also left the book I was reading home. . So no books when I got to church. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise. For this gave me the opportunity to get my notebook out and start my project.

First thing I did was get a Bible and then open it up to Genesis and copied down how many chapters it had in it. Then I went through the Old Testament books and did the same for all of them. I wasn't sure how I was going to read them as some had 50 chapters and some only had four or less. Instead of doing the New Testament also I decided to just start out reading the Old Testament books. I figured that I read a lot of fiction books why not spend my time reading the Bible. After I put down the chapters I started with Genesis chapter 1. I took notes as I read. Then I continued to read to chapter 22. I was thinking that was a good start. So now when I go to the church I will spend some of my time reading the Bible. Taking notes when I feel I need to remember what I read. I found it refreshing just reading the chapters and finding out more than just creation and Noah's story.

So my personal challenge is to read the Old Testament as if it was one of my books from the library. And that way get closer to my Lord and God my Father.

*Question
Do you have some time on your hands where you can just sit down and read the Bible through?

No comments:

Post a Comment