Monday, March 25, 2019

High Priest Questions Jesus

John 18:19-24 (NLT)
Inside, the high priest began asking Jesus about his followers and what he had been teaching them,  Jesus replied, "What I teach is widely known, because I have preached regularly in the synagogues and the Temple. I have been heard by people everywhere, and I teach nothing in private that I have not said in public.Why are you asking me this question? Ask those who heard me. They know what I said."

One of the Temple guards standing there struck Jesus on the face. "Is that the way to answer the high priest?: he demanded.

Jesus replied, "If I said anything wrong, you must give evidence for it. Should you hit a man for telling the truth?

Then Annas bound Jesus and sent him to Caiaphas, the high priest.

No comments:

Post a Comment