Saturday, March 2, 2019

Jesus Preparing for His Betrayal

John 13:18-30 (Read the full portion so can get whole concept of the verses)

John 13:18-19 (KJV)
I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me. Now I tell you before it come, that when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

John  13:18-19 (NLT)
I am not saying these things to all of you; I know so well each one of you I chose. The Scriptures declare, The one who shares my food has turned against me, and this will soon come true. I tell you this now, so that when it happens you will believe I am the Messiah.

* Let's Talk About It
Jesus knew that one of his disciples was going to betray him. He knew that the Devil was going to enter into him after he ate from the supper. Jesus knows what we will do also. He knows our hearts and what we plan to do. Judas didn't realize at the time he betrayed Jesus how wrong it was. He was just after the money. He would soon find out what it meant to betray Jesus.

*Question
Like Judas, do we know what it means to betray Jesus? To go against Him in our deeds and thoughts. Do we fully realize what this does to us and how bad Jesus feels about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment