Saturday, June 23, 2018

Trustworthy Is Our Thought and Word For Today

As I was reading my devotional this morning I came across a verse that I stopped and read no more and have been contemplating it all morning. Here it is: II Timothy 2:2..."Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass it on to others."

This verse is taken from the New Living Translations. And now I will give you the whole thought.

II Timothy 2:1-2
Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus. You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.

The word that I have been meditating on is trustworthy. Trustworthy means to be reliable and faithful. If I understand this verse, Timothy, was to go and find others who were trustworthy, reliable and faithful people and teach them so they could teach others. What an amazing thought. So simple but not.

For us today, that is why we need to listen to and understand, and learn from our Pastors. They spend many hours researching the Bible and allowing the Holy Spirit to teach them so that they can teach us.

My prayer is that you have a good Pastor/ Preacher who gives you the truth and then you can share that with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment