Thursday, June 21, 2018

Barnabas-Encourager

Hello,
Today as I was reading my Life Principles Daily Bible, which is Charles F. Stanley's Biblical Principles for Each Day of the Year study Bible (NASB), he had a section on Barnabas.

Did you know that Barnabas was known as an encourager? Dr. Stanley states that whenever Barnabas went somewhere people's faces lit up. His presence brought a kind work and maybe a helpful suggestion. His real name was Joseph, who was a Levite from Cyprus, but the apostles gave Joseph the nickname of Barnabas which means "Son of Encouragement." Part of his story is found in Acts 11:25-30.

Thought
How about you? What do people think about when you are around? My desire is that when people meet me or see me coming that they too would have a feeling of happiness because I am there. Sometimes I get the impression that is not always the case.

Thought For Today
Let us who are born again have the characteristic of Christ and Barnabas and be an encourager to others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment