Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Jabez-Called On God of Israel

Hello,

Today we are going to turn to I Chronicles 4:9-10.
    What do we find out about Jabez?            
          In verse 9 it tells us that Jabez was more honorable than his brothers.
          We also see why his mother chose the name Jabez.
                  His mother had a lot of as he was being born.
What kind of life do you think Zabez had growing up? 
We are not sure because the Bible doesn't come out and tell us, but I think maybe it was a sad life. However, I also see when I read the verse that he must have believed in God of Israel. He must have been taught something about him from someone because we see that Jabez prayed to the God of Israel.
What did Jabez request?
"Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!"

That seems like a strange prayer to us but for Jabez it was not. He wanted to have more than what he had. He also did not to be hurt in the process of getting more than he had. 

Did God answer Jabez prayer?
Yes he did. 

Thought
When we pray to God to we pray specific enough or is it a general prayer? Jabez knew what he wanted and he just asked God for it. Does God always answer our prayers this way? No, but He does always answer our prays either by yes, no, wait. I am happy that Jazbez prayer was answered with a positive yes. 

How about you? 
What is your thought on this subject of prayer? Should we be direct with God and tell it like it is?



No comments:

Post a Comment