Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Wisdom

James 1:5-8
If you need wisdom-if you want to know what God wants you to do-ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking. BUT when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. They can't make up their minds. They waver back and forth in everything they do. 

As I was reading this verse the other day in my quiet time with the Lord I had a decision to make. So I did what the first part of this verse says to do. I asked God for wisdom and I asked believing He would give me the answer. Sometimes in the past I have been a double-minded person. But that day and from now on I am asking my Heavenly Father for wisdom and knowing that He will answer my prayer because I believe He will. 

I did get my answer and since then I had to ask several more times for His wisdom and He again has answered. 

I am learning each day to trust the Lord my Savior, God my Father, and the Holy Spirit my Guide more and more. I am growing. I have not reached the end yet but I want to finish my life in knowing that I am pleasing my Lord in all that I do. 

How about you? Do you want to please the Lord? One way in doing so is to ask Him for wisdom believing He will answer your prayer. Maybe not in the way you would want but He always answers them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment