Saturday, August 15, 2015

What Is A Disciple

I was going to change the name of my blog, but as it turns out someone else had the name already so I decided to keep the name I have. 

I was looking up the word disciple to see what it means in the original Greek language and found out it means a learner. So simple. 

If you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as being the Son of God and that He left heaven and came to earth, lived for about thirty-three years, and then died on a cross for our sins, was buried, and rose again, and returned back to heaven to be with His Father, then what you need to do in order to be a disciple is read the Bible and learn from Christ about what He did, how He lived, and then follow His commands. 

Commands-that is not an easy word to hear. We often rebel at the word command or commandments. Since a believer is one of God's children the commandments are there to help us not hurt us or keep us from having fun. It is like a parent telling their child what rules that they have for their home. Same way with the Lord. Rules for conduct in our life so that we will not make our Heavenly Father ashamed of us. 

Find a Bible that you can understand and has all the facts in it such as King James Version or New English Version, I sometimes use the Amplified Bible to help me understand better what words mean and I also have the old Strong's Concordance to help me find out the true meaning of a word. There are many places on the computer in which you can go to such as Blue Letter Bible and get information. 

For this blog I like sharing what the Lord has done in my life or lives of others so that the information will help you. 

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I read the posts before I put them on. If you don't want your post to be published let me know this and I won't post it.  

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment