Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hit and RUN Car Accident

My husband and I were on the way home from work on Friday afternoon and around 4;00 pm a pickup truck decided that he didn't want to make a left-hand turn. We were driving in right lane at the right speed around 35 miles and the truck pulls over in our lane.The truck hit our car and pushed us into a parking lot. The driver sped up and just kept on going. Neither myself nor my husband got a good description of the truck or license plate number.

My husband had to move the car a little bit so it would not be in line of traffic as the back end was not totally off the road. I told him that he needed to go into the store and call the police. He did so and within a few minutes the police officer came. He told us that we could have the car towed away but to him it did look driveable. My throat, left shoulder hurt but didn't think I needed an ambulance. However the more we stood around it began to hurt more. The officer said that my husband could drive me to the hospital so that is what he did.

In the meantime while the officer was taking our information he had to leave and go to another accident down the road not even a mile away. Then he came back. A person who heard screeching tires who had made the left-hand turn came over to make sure we were alright and give his description of what they saw. Which we thanked them for many people don't stop and get involved. They didn't see to much themselves but they verified that it was a red truck.

My husband got me to the hospital and the kind of pain that I had the first think they did was put a collar on to protect my neck. Then I had a CT Scan of my head, neck, and spine. It turned out that everything was alright and he gave me a muscle relaxer and pain pills to help me through as I was still hurting. Of course yesterday was even worse.

Now the good part. I could really see how the Lord protected us. First, my husband was not injured at all. As the truck hit him on his side and he was driving. Second, when we were pushed into the parking lot there was a fire hydrant right in front of us and if my husband had not had good control of the car we would have hit that. Third, there were no cars behind us so we didn't get hit from behind. Fourth, the parking lot that we were in was empty so no other vehicles were involved. Also, I am on vacation from work all next week so don't have to go into work.

Later, when we went to the drug store to pick up the medicine I needed the woman who was in the other car accident was waiting for her medicine. She had more injuries and it looked to be more of a head on collision.

Just now I put on my neck brace as moving my head up and down is causing my neck and shoulder to hurt.

So I am praising the Lord even though over the wheel is smashed in, and the fender is a little damaged and the hood was pushed up a little it could have been a lot worse.

1 comment:

  1. A car accident can leave the people involved with serious injuries. Thankfully, it wasn't the case when you guys got entangled in one. Anyway, that must’ve been terrifying experience for all of you. And I hope you recovered from it now, physically and emotionally. Take care!

    Sabrina Craig @ Medical Attorney NY

    ReplyDelete