Thursday, August 28, 2014

Desires Of Our Hearts

Desires Of Our Hearts

Psalm 20:4 (NLT)
May he grant your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans.

A Closer Look
I found a copy of Beth Moore's Praying God's Word Day by Day. And the prayer for this morning has to do with three different aspect of our lives.

Children In Our Lives
  1. Discipline your children, and they will give you happiness and peace of mind. (Proverbs 29:17)
  • Discipline of children when they are small is most important. Some of us are older and it may concern working with our grandchildren. When we correct children this produces wisdom in them and shows them right from wrong. I am afraid this is lacking very much in today society. 
Divine Guidance
  1. When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is happy. (Proverbs 29:18)
We are a better person when we chose to go with divine guidance and not our own way. Seek the Holy Spirit to guide the way for each day. 

Today I was thinking about how I was going to work the same schedule after I get back to work. Then the Lord reminded to take a day at a time. Enjoy today, follow Him, and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me this day. Important thing is for me to accept the divine guidance that is given me. 

Reputation
How long will you people ruin my reputation?  How long will you make these groundless accusations. How long will you pursue lies?(Psalm 4:2)

Here Beth is thinking about how God's glory is turned into shame. How we love delusions and seek false gods. She prays, "Expose the delusions and false gods in my life. O Lord, and set me free." That is my prayer also. I hope that it is yours also.

Desires Of Our Heart
  1. May he grant your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans. 
Isn't it wonderful to know that if we have a heart desire, and it goes along with God's will that He will grant that desire? This is the exciting part for me.

One desire of my heart is to keep writing this blog as long as long as I possible can, and try to give you helpful information that will led you closer to God. 

You are all loved by God and also by me. You are my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment