Monday, July 14, 2014

Beloved Son

Matthew 3:16,17
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him.

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased

What We Can Learn From These Verses
  • We see Jesus being baptized. He knew that this was necessary for Him even though He did not sin and had to repent of anything. But it was written that John would do this to fulfil all righteousness.
  • Also we see the Holy Spirit as a dove sitting on Jesus.
  • Then a voice from the heaven was heard and this is when God says that this is His beloved and I am well pleased. 
We see the trinity God The Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Question
If you are a believer can say about you this is my beloved child and I am well pleased?

No comments:

Post a Comment