Thursday, January 17, 2013

We Must Do Everthing Right

If you are anything like myself my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak.when it comes to doing things right all the time. I am like Paul in Romans chapter 7 where he is struggling with sin. In verse 19 he says, "When I want to do good, I don't. And when I try not to do wrong I do it anyway.

In Matthew 3:13-15 we read that Jesus went from Galilee to the Jordan River in order to be baptized by John the Baptist. John didn't want to baptize Jesus because he knew who Jesus was-the Son of God. And John was preaching to the people who came to him to repent of their sins. Jesus had no sin. John wanted Jesus to baptize him, but Jesus said no and then said, " It must be done, because we must do everthing that is right." So John baptized Jesus.

Jesus being baptized is the next event we see happing in His life. Jesus wants the things we do be right is the lesson that we can learn today.

Question
Do you see anything else that we can learn fromJesus? If so feel free to reapond with your comments. There is a place where you can do so. I would like to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment